DUI School Requirements – 316.193 F.S., 322.271, F.S., 322.291, F.S.
- First Conviction: Must complete DUI school before hardship reinstatement. Customers who wait out revocation period before reinstatement need only show proof of enrollment or completion to become relicensed. If customer enrolls and is reinstated after revocation period expires, failure to complete the DUI school within 90 days after reinstatement will result in license cancellation; the driver cannot then be relicensed until DUI school is completed.
- Second Conviction in 5 Years (5 Year Revocation) or Third Conviction in 10 Years (10 Year Revocation): Customer must complete DUI school following conviction. See requirements in 13C and 13D respectively.
- DUI Manslaughter With No Prior DUI Related Conviction:(Permanent Revocation): Must complete DUI school before hardship reinstatement.
Manslaughter, DUI Serious Bodily Injury, or Vehicular Homicide: (Minimum 3 year Revocation).
- Licensees Who Wait Until Revocation Period Expires: Must enroll in DUI school and pass the driver license examinations to be relicensed. Failure to complete the school within 90 days after such reinstatement will result in cancellation of the license until the school is completed.
- Reckless Driving: If the court has reasonable cause to believe that the use of alcohol, chemical or controlled substances contributed to a violation of reckless driving, the person convicted of reckless driving must complete DUI school if ordered by the court.
- Treatment: Treatment resulting from a psychosocial evaluation may not be waived without a supporting psychosocial evaluation by a court appointed agency with access to the original evaluation.